View of Lainshaw House, Stewarton

Lainshaw House is a mansionhouse with a long and storied past. The modern House incorporates the original Lainshaw Castle, which was built on to extensively during the 17th and 18th centuries.  Tobacco Lord William Cunningham purchased the House in 1779 and proceeded to further improve the building until it was inherited by his third son William Jr. who remodelled the house again. Much of the remaining building is made of these 19th century work. Lainshaw was purchased by the Council in 1947 and spent some time as a care home for the elderly. Afterwards, Lainshaw spent some time in a delapidated and ruined state before it was converted into luxury flats in 2008.   This image would have been captured from what is now known as Fisherman's Path alongside the Annick Water.
Object no :
RI_DI_0077259
Creator :
NA
Place of Production :
NA
Dimensions :
NA
Materials :
NA
Location :
NA
Related site :
Accession number :
NA
Copyright :
East Ayrshire Council
You must enable javascript to view this website