Ram's horn snuff mull
This snuff mull was presented to the Grand Committee of The
Seven Incorporations of Dumfries by Captain Robert McDowall,
formerly of the Dragoon Guards on 20th September 1822.
The large table snuff box is formed from a ram's horn and has an
engraved plaque with the names of the Trades Deacons dated 10th
September 1822. The tools, including a rake, hammer, brush and
sifter spoon were used for taking snuff.
The property of the Seven Trades was auctioned on 8th April 1854
and became separated. Over the past 100 years these objects
have been acquired by Dumfries Museum.
Object no :
DMTC18a-e
Collection :
Creator :
NA
Place of Production :
NA
Dimensions :
NA
Materials :
NA
Location :
NA
Accession number :
DUMFM:1945.2
Copyright :
Dumfries and Galloway Council