Show Navigation

Soldiers, Sailors, Rebels & Outlaws

De Soulis

Soulis Monument and Entrance to High Kirk

Period:
19th Century
Description:

The old Soulis Cross was removed from its position in Soulis Street in 1825 and is now on display in the Dick Institute. It was replaced with this fluted column set into the wall close to the site of the original cross.

 

Thomas Smellie printed this sketch in his book Sketches of Old Kilmarnock which features 40 of the historical and significant sites around the town.

Materials/Media:
print of watercolour sketch
Source:
The Dick Institute
Digital Number:
EAFA217b
Creation Date:
1898
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council