Show Navigation

Collectors & Explorers

The 8th Lord Howard de Walden

The Dower House, Dean Castle

Period:
20th Century
Description:

This image shows the Glenfield Ramblers on a visit to Dean Castle, Kilmarnock.  Here they are outside the Dower House.

 

The Dower House began as two estate officers houses around 1804, and was considerably expanded around the middle of the 19th century.  It was regularly used as a residence by the estate owner once more when the 8th Lord Howard de Walden inherited the estate at the turn of the 20th century.

Place of Production:
Dean Estate, Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire
Materials/Media:
glass plate slide
Source:
Dean Castle
Accession number:
GLR1626
Digital Number:
EAGP247n
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council