Show Navigation

Home Life

Religion

Pewter Charger and Pewter Baptismal Bowl from Kilmaurs Parish Church

Period:
18th Century
Description:
Both of these pieces of church plate are inscribed 'Kilmaurs Parish Kirk 1719'. The large charger bears on its underside the touch mark of one of Edinburgh's important Pewterers William Hunter. Inscribed on the underside of the bowl are the letters 'P. L. M. G.'
Materials/Media:
pewter
Dimensions:
diameter: of charger 382mm, of baptismal bowl 228mm
Source:
The Dick Institute
Accession number:
1978/5
Digital Number:
EAAC048a, b, c, d, e, f
Creation Date:
1719
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picture