Show Navigation

Home Life

Religion

Communion flagon, Loreburn Church, Dumfries, 1766

Description:

Made by William Hunter, a pewterer of Edinburgh, this flagon or ewer is inscribed "Belonging to the Associate Congregation at Dumfries, 1766".  It is one of a pair, with four communion cups made of silver plated pewter and also dated 1766.



Source:
Dumfries Museum & Camera Obscura
Accession number:
DUMFM:1987.14.2


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picture