Show Navigation

Home Life

Education

Technical School, Kilmarnock

Description:

Kilmarnock Technical School, or Technical College, was opened in 1910 as part of Kilmarnock Academy. It was closed in 1997 due to a restructuring of educational resources that made for drastically reduced pupil numbers. The building remained closed until 2006 when it was converted into luxury flats. It was the precursor to the New Technical College, which later became Kilmarnock College on Holehouse Road.

Source:
Dean Castle
Digital Number:
RI_DC_0001669
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council