Show Navigation

Government

Burgh of Kilmarnock

Kay Park, Kilmarnock

Description:

This photograph of Kay Park shows children gathered around the fountain which was erected at a similar time to the Burns Monument (1879) which can be seen on the hill beyond the fountain. It was created by local ironmonger Thomas Stewart at a cost of £800.

 

The bandstand to the left was installed several years later but both it and the fountain were removed during the second world war.

Materials/Media:
glass plate negative
Source:
The Dick Institute
Digital Number:
EAGP037n
Creation Date:
c. 1900
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council