Show Navigation

Government

Burgh of Barony of Newmilns

Latin copy of James IV Charter 1490

Period:
18th Century
Description:

Latin copy of the charter granted by King James the Fourth in favour of the Town of Newmyllis creating it into a free Burgh of Barony.

 

Materials/Media:
paper & ink
Source:
Dean Castle
Accession number:
Kimmg:1987/37
Creation Date:
1784 [originally 1490]
Copyright:
East Ayrshire Council/East Ayrshire Leisure


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picturealternative small picture