Show Navigation

Pottery Production

Longpark Pottery

Longpark Pottery

In 1918, the pottery works owned by J & M Craigs which were situated in Longpark, North Kilmarnock were bought by Messrs Shanks of Barrhead. Employing 300 workers there, Shanks produced glazed sanitary wares such as toilet bowls and sinks. After the closure of the pottery works, homes were built on the land, with street names such as Shanks Court, Pottery Place, and Clay Crescent commemorating what stood before.