Show Navigation

Mining & Quarrying

Miners & Quarrymen

God’s Treasure House in Scotland

Period:
19th Century
Description:

From the Prefatory Note: “ An Historical and Statistical Account of the Parish of Sanquhar, Dumfriesshire, - including WANLOCKHEAD, ITS MINES AND MEN and extended so as to include Crawford, Crawfordjohn and Leadhills, embracing the geology and mineralogy of the district, with accessible and condensed information as to the gold, silver and lead workings, details as to properties and people, together with Church History from the Reformation to the present date.”

Materials/Media:
paper, board
Dimensions:
19.7cm x 13.5cm
Source:
Museum of Lead Mining
Accession number:
83: 2501
Digital Number:
WHBK001a, WHBK001b
Creation Date:
1876
Copyright:
Wanlockhead Museum Trust


Alternative Views:

alternative small picturealternative small picture