Show Navigation

Photography

Nicolson's Wigtownshire Photographs

Nicolson's Wigtownshire Photographs

In 1994 Stranraer Museum was given a collection of glass photographic negatives from the Nicol family of Wigtown, who for two generations ran a chemist's business in the town's High Street. The photographs had been taken by the Nicols' predecessor, Mr Alan M Nicolson, who came to Wigtown in the late nineteenth century and was in the High Street premises for about twenty-five years until he sold the business to Mr W G Nicol in 1914.

Read More